“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely” -Roy T. Bennet, The Light in the Heart
Affirmations are defined as positive words, phrases or statements that you repeat to yourself to describe how you want to be or feel. They challenge your existing negative thoughts or beliefs that may be holding you back and are self-sabotaging. The idea is when you repeat them frequently, you begin to believe them and live by them. They become a self-fulfilling prophecy and become true. Our thoughts dictate how we are in the world, how we make decisions, how think of ourselves and how we think of others – so you minds-well have good ones (thoughts)! Its super empowering when you realize you can take control of your thoughts and use them to make positive changes.
How to use affirmations:
- Raise your confidence before interviews or class presentations
- Improve your self-esteem
- Improve your productivity
- Change your mindset
- Stay motivated and achieve a goal
- Overcome a bad habit
- Control your feelings and emotions
I have compiled a list of positive affirmations below!
FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- I am doing my very best.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- I choose to see obstacles as opportunities.
- I choose not to worry about the future.
- I am on my way to my dream job.
- [My] perspective is unique. It’s important and it counts. -Glenn Clouse
- I do not need validation from others.
- I am enough.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I am strong.
- I will never give up on my goals and dreams.
- I choose prosperity over failure.
- The world is working in my favor.
- I trust I have the capability to to achieve.
- My mind is clear of self-doubt, and I am ready to embrace every challenge that comes my way.
- I am successful.
FOR DEPRESSION OR ANXIETY
- I am safe.
- I choose happiness of this moment, and not pain of the past.
- I attract energies and situations that fill me with joy.
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within. -Maya Angelou
- [My] life is about to be incredible. -Tim Storey