Fall semester is wrapping up and like the last few years it is that time of the year where the joy of finishing up exams, merges with the happiness, anxiety, excitement, traffic jams, nostalgia, failing family recipes, pumpkin spice latte and a combination of a different kind of stresses for the holidays. I know.. I talked about a lot of emotions! Basically at the end of the semester I am not just wrapping up my semester, I am dealing with flight schedules for my incoming relatives for the holidays, grocery lists, planning a strategic random trip to Costco when there are only 50 people there on a random Tuesday morning (have you ever been to Gaithersburg Costco?). In addition to not just receiving my results, the kids results are also coming in. Their re-tests are un-wantingly treated like my own. Their Sunday school exams are my own and their final soccer match, or swimming class or whatever imaginable extra curricular activities they are in, are wrapping up so I do have to make them my own. In all this chaos of my life, something becomes a beacon of hope! The never failing app called Netflix! Since my first subscription year of Netflix 4 years ago, I still make a mental list of shows to watch… WHEN MY SEMESTER ENDS! A girl can at least dream, right?!
Here are list of the shows that are currently on my fav list, and I am looking forward to watch them.
- House of Cards — The political drama is getting darker as the protagonist, Frank Underwood played by Kevin Spacey, was caught under fire amidst #metoo movement, and was let go due to allegations against him. The show was already turning its direction, as the female lead role of the drama, Clair Underwood played by Robin Wright would be shown as the first female president of United States.
- The American Meme — Being a communications major, the documentary will be something I am looking forward to watching. Co-produced by Paris Hilton, this documentary catches my attention as it features one of the famous stars of social media.
- Ozark — A suburban family is getting into all kinds of trouble, while laundering money for the mafia. How are they keeping one step ahead with the law, while dealing with some of the darkest secrets.
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minaj — Not really a tickling in to my funny bones kinda stand up comedy , but would be a continuation of what Hassan does best! A good political satire!
- The Marvelous Mrs, Maisel — This one is on Amazon prime, not on Netflix. Its the only show I watch on Amazon. I saw the first season, I could not wait for the second one. A home maker of the 50’s, turning into a stand up comedian. A show with all its glamour of the 50’s era and some light comedy.
So, one last exam and yes, then feet up and binge! Enjoy and happy holidays!