Happy Wednesday! Well, I hope it’s as happy as it can be since it is cold and super wet outside. We did have a delay so hopefully everyone got to sleep in or better yet have their class cancelled! As many of you may know, February is Black History Month! Since it’s the second full week of classes, I think it’s safe to say we are finally getting into the swing of things. That being said, I wanted to share some inspiring quotes from leaders in celebration of Black History Month.
- “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.”
—Dr. Mae Jemison
- “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.”
—Susan L. Taylor
- “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
—Booker T. Washington
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
- “Surviving is important, thriving is elegant.”
These wise words are just a few out of many leaders that have influenced our country. I hope one, if not all, of these quotes can inspire you to continue your journey and reach for your own success!
As always, thank you for reading! ‘Til next time 🙂