Good morning students, I hope you all had a great winter break!
This is the first week of the spring 2018 semester, so welcome new and returning students!
Over the past month and a half, a few things have changed around campus:
- USG has a new logo (I hope you guys all like it!)
- Office of Student Services (OSS) changed their name to Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources (CSEF for short)
- OIT updated their front desk area with fresh paint and a table just in front of the front desk
These changes should only improve the experience at USG. After all, you the students are USG’s number 1 priority!
As such, USG is opening the semester with Welcome Week, a week full of events for students to take part in, as they get acclimated back into their busy schedules.
Do not forget to make use of the campus’s many resources, available to all USG students. This includes:
- The library – Located in Building 3, the Priddy Library is available for students to check out books, do homework and study. There are even breakout rooms that students can reserve for group projects, homework, etc.
- The Rec Center – feel like working out? The Rec Center, located on the second floor of building 3, is the place to go! Show them you USG ID and you are free to use the equipment and machines in the rec center. The Rec Center also hosts various events, like Dodgeball, Ping-Pong tournaments, etc.
- The Green Grove Cafe – located in Building 3, the Green Grove Cafe is the cafeteria where students can get food to eat, in case they didn’t pack a meal.
- The Student and Academic Services (SAS for short) – everything from financial aid, to resume reviews, to academic coaching can all be found in the SAS suite in Building 3. It is on the left of the main entrance, so students won’t miss it! Come stop by the SAS suite for all your academic and professional needs!
There are lots of resources around campus so make sure you use them! Here’s to a successful semester!