When it comes to advertising and marketing, USG works really hard to inform students on this campus about what is going on. Yet, for some reason, there are some really amazing opportunities on campus that I see people miss out on and wish they had known about before. Here are some things you do not want to miss out on anymore:
1) FREE Pizza and Lemonade on the Last Wednesday of Every Month
Student Council holds Town halls on the last Wednesday of every month (excluding this month due to finals) right next to the cafeteria from 12- 1 pm. They always have free pizza and lemonade and are also open to other food suggestions from the students! After the town halls are over, we always have people come up and ask about what was going on. This is not something you want to miss- like the Student Council Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/USGSC/?fref=ts for up to date details of the town halls.
2) Walk in Peer Mentoring at the CISC Office
The Career and Internship Services Center (CISC) offers walk in resume and cover letter reviews every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm. Professional development is something a lot of people put on the back burner because of the building stress of class work, but it is really important to keep it in mind. Why are we even in college in the first place if not to have a career or go to graduate school in the future?
3) There are Probably More Services at the Library than You Know
– You can check out Dell or Mac laptops for 3 hours at a time
– Your professor can put your class text book as a course reserve at the library and you can check that book out for two hours at a time (which is enough time to scan the pages you need or just study from it)
– You can check out IPads for 7 days at a time
– You can call the library to reserve a room if you are not on campus
– Something new came to the library called the smart marker which allows you to keep saved anything you write on a whiteboard!
4) Connect@USG is actually really useful
I cannot tell you how many times people have asked me how they can find out about organizations on campus or how to apply for an on campus job. Remember that connect@usg account that you signed up for during orientation? It has the answer to both of these questions!