Attending Splashfest, and Everything Else I Did Last Weekend

Last Friday, I visited my friend, Victoria, at Towson University to attend this year’s Tigerfest (Splashfest). Splashfest is essentially a concert, and this year’s performers were NoCap, Young Nudy, and Lil Yachty. I was definitely excited for the concert and spent time listening to each of the artists’ songs to prepare. 

I got to Towson early on Friday morning and met up with Victoria. We got some breakfast and then went go kart racing, which I’d never done before. I quickly realized that I am not great at it, but I still had fun. After that, the concert was going to start soon, so we decided to start getting ready. It was raining the entire day, which was a bit of a bummer, but it wasn’t the end of the world. 

Source: lilyachty on Instagram

We got to the SECU arena a little after the doors opened. Due to the rain, Nocap’s flight was delayed, and he was unable to make it to Towson. So, Young Nudy came out first and performed. I really enjoyed his set, because he played a lot of his well-known songs, as well as some songs I didn’t know. Afterwards, Lil Yachty came out with a lot of energy. He was also naturally funny when he was talking to the crowd in between songs.

He also had a videographer that was recording him while he was performing, and we all saw the distorted footage on the big flat screen in the arena. The set was fun and also nostalgic because he did perform some older songs. He ended the set by performing his newest single, “Strike (Holster)”, which I think most people (including me) were waiting for. 

Afterwards, Victoria and I bought some dessert from Insomnia Cookies, and then went back to her apartment. My night ended with me catching up on Ted Lasso. The next morning, we went to Towson Town Center to shop, but I unfortunately couldn’t find anything to buy (:/). Afterwards, we went to Barley’s Backyard, which was nearby. We got brunch there, which was really good. 

Source: Baltimore Sun

When I got home, I was a lot more tired than I thought because I ended up taking a 2-3 hour nap. I spent the rest of the day unpacking and relaxing, for the most part.

On Sunday, I was mostly doing homework because we’re basically at the end of the semester, which is so crazy to me. This semester went by pretty fast (as always) and I literally can’t wait for summer break!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s