For those of you who follow up with my blogs – you know I’m a huge foodie! I sat here and thought about what I could talk about and the only thing that kept popping into my head were the restaurants I went to this past weekend. So, let’s talk brunch!
I absolutely love brunch. Everything about it is perfect. It’s not too early but not too late and you get the best of both worlds! There are your sweet dishes like French toast or pancakes; as well as your savory meals that don’t include eggs or bacon on your plate. It’s a meal that can satisfy whatever mood you’re in. I did some research [it wasn’t too hard since I have a slight obsession with trying new places] and found some spots near USG!
- First Watch – this one is a personal favorite! I love their inclusion of locally grown foods and fresh outsourced ones as well. I’d tell you what my favorite dish is, but I have way too many to choose from! They’re strictly a breakfast/brunch place because they close at 2:30 pm!
- MoCo’s Founding Farmers – I have yet to make an appearance here! But after a quick review over their menu and pictures of them…I will be sure to make it a point to go! Based off their reviews – the chicken and waffles look spectacular.
- Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar – this spot is to die for! I had the Brazilian Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy. The gravy was seasoned to perfection and the chorizo had a good amount of spice to them. Also, you can’t go wrong with bottomless mimosas!
- Crepes – A -Go- Go – this one is a bit more on the strictly “breakfast side” but there are savory crepes which makes it “brunchy”. You can build your own crepes, have a “mega” crepe, and there’s also gluten free options!
- Matchbox – uh oh, did someone say unlimited brunch? Sounds like a steal to me! They have a huge selection from breakfast pizzas to mini sandwiches. The idea is to share with everyone at the table. I don’t know about you, but I hear different plates to taste in one sitting.
Now I need to figure out what my next meal is because I just spent a good amount of time looking at all these yummy foods!
As always, thanks for reading and ‘til next time! 😊