Choosing a college is a big decision to make, especially if you live in Maryland where there are many colleges to choose from. I hear it all the time from people that I meet. Some folks say it is a difficult decision to make and often complain that the information available online about various colleges does not really help with the decision process. I feel your pain and not too long ago I was in the same situation. But worry no more, help is here! Well almost here. Mark your calendars and set your alarms to attend the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) Undergraduate Open House on Saturday, April 7th, 2018.
As shown in the flyer above the event begins with the check in at 8:30 am and attendees are requested to register prior to the date using the link here. Now I know Saturdays might usually be your day to sleep in, however, attending this event would definitely be worthwhile. As shown on the USG website don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Meet with career counselors to explore undergraduate degree options
- Discuss admission requirements with program representatives
- Learn how to write the perfect application essay
- Benefit from application fee waivers for select programs
- Talk to undergraduate program representatives during the Sessions and Information Fair
- Take a tour of the state of the art campus, guided by current students
- Find out how to transfer through the MC Transfer Access Programs
- Explore scholarship and financial aid opportunities
- Experience what it means to be part of an innovative campus with 9 top ranked Maryland public universities in 1 campus
The event is open to all prospective students and you’ll get to learn the real deal about all things USG. Yes, you can review colleges on the internet and yes you can attend a campus tour but an open house is very different from that. Especially an open house at the USG campus which offers courses from 9 different universities!
The open house is like an introduction to the college campus, it provides an overview of the admissions process, the campus and the academic/student life. Typically, if you end up applying to one of the 9 universities you will have several other visits to the campus before you are accepted. So, have no fear, the open house is just a great way to start a connection with USG.
And if those reasons shown above aren’t enough to convince you to attend the USG Undergraduate Open House on 4/6/2018, then let me give you my personal assurance that the USG Undergraduate Open House is a fantastic event that will provide you with very valuable information to aid in your college decision process. I’ll also be working at this event and if after you attend you are not convinced it was worth your time, feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading, see you at the USG Undergraduate Open House on Saturday, April 7th.