Today I want to share a quick tutorial and tips for using Adobe Spark! Spark is an application that allows you to create pages, posts, and videos. This can be accessed from Adobe Creative Suite on your laptop or desktop, but it is also available in the App store for mobile use.
I find that this application is very user friendly, and it can help you create a professional flyer in minutes. If you are pressed for time and want to use a more sleek design, and rather than creating your own art, use Spark instead of Illustrator!
- Spark allows allows you to choose from creating a post, page, or video. For this tutorial I used “Post” to create a flyer.
2. Add a background picture, header text, and information. When in the shapes palette (right), you can change shapes that will appear behind text, to make it stand out.
3. Test out the Layout options. See what options Spark gives you with different page alignment and spacing.
4. Play around with the Design page! Check out all of these other layouts that can easily auto-fill your info.
5. Easily share and download your file. Top, center of the page will allow you to download or export your file and share on social media! Check out Spark next time you need to create a flyer.
And you’re done! Simple as that!
If you’re still reading, and wondering why I chose to make a flyer titled “Why Give to USG?”, that is because I work in the Office of Advancement and Community Engagement. We work with the wonderful community donors who donate to student scholarships here at USG!
*Adobe Creative Cloud can be downloaded for free for University of Maryland students through TerpWare. UMCP students also have free access to Lynda.com tutorials!*