Hello! We’re finally all here so close to the finish line for this semester, just a little left! Though I say that, this final stretch is full of final exams and assignments, and it has become more important than ever to make sure to eat well and regain your energy. No matter how much you study, it will be hard to retain anything if you’re constantly on an empty stomach. And even then, you cannot just fill yourself up with snacks and desserts. I’ve tried just pushing through a few times because I thought it would be fine, but nothing even sticks from studying at that point! So I definitely wanted to recommend a few foods that are helpful for students:
- Fish – A great source of protein and omega 3, great for students who need to focus. Some examples are salmon, mackerel, and/or sardines on toast. It’s not the most convenient food to get your hands on, but if you can, I recommend it immensely.
- Eggs – Scrambled or sunny side up, there’s a bunch of ways you can cook them for a bit of variety each day! Eggs can be a great source of protein and vitamin B12 so that your day starts off energized to study away. Eggs with pancakes in the morning, or in a sandwich during lunch, visit the Green Grove Cafe to see your options for the day.
- Tea – My favorite way to study is wearing soft clothes, moonlight above me, and a cup of warm green tea in my hands. Tea, whether it is hot or iced, green or red, can provide your body with antioxidants while also acting a stimulant, but without the extra caffeine that coffee might give. To feel calm but energized, tea might be the way to go.
- Blueberries – Blueberries can be a great, healthy snack rich in antioxidants and can even lead you to having a lower blood pressure. They are convenient and a much greater source of nutrients as a snack.
- Nuts – From almonds, to cashews, to walnuts, your options are endless! A handful of nuts can lower your risk of heart disease while also giving you a heap of benefits such as calcium, magnesium and iron. So make sure to get try a handful a day, no more no less, for all the benefits!
These are just a few recommendations, and there are plenty more! Know your body and listen to what it needs especially during finals when stress can be at an all time high. You have to eat well to study and ace your exams, so make sure to stop and breathe for a bit to energize yourself. Good luck everyone!